at the MAP5, University of Paris Descartes
Laboratoire MAP5 – Office 735E
Université Paris Descartes
45 rue des Saints Pères
75270 Paris Cedex 06
01 76 53 03 82
Since September 2016 I am an assistant professor et the MAP5, University Paris Descartes.
Before that I have been from 2012 to 2015 a PhD student at the IMB and the LaBRI (University of Bordeaux), under the supervision of Jean-François Aujol, Charles-Alban Deledalle and Jean-Philippe Domenger.
Then I worked as a post-doctorant at the Institute for applied mathematics at the University of Münster (Germany), with Martin Burger.
My research interests focus on image restoration and registration, based in particular on variational and nonlocal methods .
About my work
Numerical night vision system:
Automatic restoration and multimodal registration of low light level images
under the supervision of Jean-François Aujol, Charles-Alban Deledalle and Jean-Philippe Domenger.
This PhD is financed by the DGA and the Aquitaine and it is the result of a collaboration with Thales Avionics in Le Haillan. The goal of this project is to enhance the quality of night vision for helicopter pilots. This is achieved thanks to a numerical system composed of a light intensifier (IL) coupled to a CCD camera. The obtained images are directly projected onto the helmet visor. The goal of this work is to improve this night vision device.
The first part consists in reducing the noise level that corrupts the LI images, thanks to an automatic noise estimation algorithm combined to an adaptive video denoising algorithm. Then the LI images are registered to infrared image (IR) in order to perform the fusion of both modalities.
- C. Sutour, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-F. Aujol. Adaptive regularization of the NL-means : Application to image and video denoising. IEEE Transactions on image processing, vol. 23(8) : 3506-3521, 2014.
- C. Sutour, J.-F. Aujol, C.-A. Deledalle et B.D. De-Senneville. Edge-based multi-modal registration and application for night vision devices. Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, pages 1–20, 2015.
- C. Sutour, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-F. Aujol. Estimation of the noise level function based on a non-parametric detection of homogeneous image regions. Submitted to Siam Journal on Imaging Sciences, 2015.
- C. Sutour, J.-F. Aujol, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-P. Domenger. Adaptive regularization of the NL-means for video denoising. International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), pages 2704–2708. IEEE, 2014.
- C. Sutour, J.-F. Aujol et C.-A. Deledalle. TV-NL : Une coopération entre les NL-means et les méthodes variationnelles. Gretsi, 2013.
- C. Sutour, C.-A. Deledalle et J.-F. Aujol. Estimation du niveau de bruit par la détection non paramétrique de zones homogènes. Submitted to Gretsi, 2015.
Numerical night vision system : Automatic restoration and multimodal registration of low light level images, July 2015.